This weekend, since Tuesy needed cheering up I thought I’d be extra-organised and prepare a couple of seafood dishes. Since she doesn’t eat meat but will happily indulge in piscicide, tuna is an excellent middle ground between veggie and carnivore. I’ll save the other recipe, which I think was even better, for another day. I need to pace myself…
170 g dried apricots, coarsely chopped
170g unsweetened muesli
250 g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
250 ml orange juice (fresh is better!)
zest of 1 orange
3 tbsp vegetable oil
100 ml honey
1 large free-range egg
What to do
- Out apricots, muesli, flour, baking powder in large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix juice, zest, oil, honey and egg. Fold into the dry ingredients, but do not overmix.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper muffin cases.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 150˚C (fan-assisted oven) for 10-15 mins until golden and risen.
- Remove from the oven and serve or transfer to a cooling rack for freezing.
The recipe I have here is based on what I had (left over) in my fridge but really you can make this egg noodle salad with anything you fancy eating 🙂
- 2 blocks of dried egg noodles
- cooked and peeled prawns
- 2 celery sticks
- 2 spring onions
- pak choi
- oyster sauce
- vegetable oil
- sweet chilli sauce
- Put noodles in a big bowl and then cover with boiled water. Cook for about 7 – 10 minutes. Drain it and wash with cold water so it will stop cooking.
- Steam the pak choi or cook it with garlic and a bit of oyster sauce.
- Add all the veggies in the noodles.
- Lastly, mix the sweet chilli sauce.