So far I’ve done 3 recipes from the hummingbird bakery cookbook. The Pecan pie, that was first, and then this wonderful peanut butter cookies, second. The third one was the lemon loaf but that will be another post.
If, like me, you enjoy a super chunky peanut butter and dark chocolate, then this is a little piece of heaven on earth! It was even more delish after a day or two as the cookies become a bit chewy.
- 225g unsalted butter at room temp
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g light brown sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 240g chunky peanut butter
- 340g plain flour
- 2 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 75g chopped dark chocolate
- baking trays x 4 lined with greaseproof paper
- freestanding or handheld mixer
- mixing bowls
- rubber spatula
- Pre-heated oven at 170˚C
What to do:
Use the mixer to cream butter, caster sugar and light brown sugar until it’s light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Make sure that the ingredients are mixed well by scraping the side of the bowl using the rubber spatula.
- In low speed, beat in the vanilla extract and peanut butter.
- Add the flour, bicarbonate soda, and salt. Mix until you have a smooth dough. Then add the dark chocolate and mix well. Taking a break from writing his awesome blog, Dan wants to help!
- Put about 6 cookie dough on each baking tray. Space them apart as they will spread when they are baking.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown which is about 10 mins.
- Cool the cookies onto a cooling wire rack.