Dan is busy writing for his blog so I am posting this omelette recipe for him. He cooked, I ate 🙂
- 5 large free-range eggs
- 275g potatoes, thinly sliced
- medium onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
Tools: frying pan with lid
What to do:
- Heat 2 tbsp of the olive oil in the pan.
- When the oil is hot, toss the potatoes and onions until they are well-coated and then turn the heat down.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper then put the lid on to let the onions and potatoes cook gently stew in oil for 20 minutes, shaking once in awhile.
- Break eggs in a bowl, use a fork to whisk lightly. Season.
- When the potatoes and onion are cooked, transfer to the bowl with eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- In the same frying pan, put 1 tbsp of oil then put on medium heat.
- Pour the eggs mixture to the heated pan then put heat to low setting.
- Cook gently for about 20 minutes making sure that the omelette is cooked thoroughly.