I got this recipe from a course at Cordon Vert and this is one of the very few recipes that I still use with only minor tweaking because Sarah Kearns’ recipe is already perfect!
You will need:
- 200 g thin asparagus
- 40 g walnut halves
- 1 pc medium orange (rind and juice)
- 1 tsp rock salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 125 g goat cheese log with rind
- 1 tsp Sichuan peppercorns, toasted
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, toasted
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 small cos lettuce
- 100 g wild rocket
What to do-
- Pre-heat the oven to 200˚C.
- On a baking tray, place the asparagus, walnuts, orange rind, garlic, salt, and olive oil. Roast until the asparagus starts to char in places – about 15 minutes.
- Mix and then grind Sichuan peppercorns and fennel seeds- don’t forget to toast them before grinding! I just use mortar and pestle for this. Mix the spices with honey.
- Slice the goats cheese log into 5 circles (you can keep the rind). Place the slices on a tin foil. Drizzle honey mixture over the cheese. Leave to marinate for 1/2 hour and then grill goat cheese until bubbling.
- Mix orange juice, tamari, sesame oil and groundnut oil together for the dressing.
- In a salad bowl, place the cos leaves and rocket. Put the roasted asparagus and walnuts on top. Add grilled goat cheese to the salad then drizzle dressing.
- Enjoy 🙂