But because he asked really nicely last night, here goes:
medium onion, sliced
2-4 garlic cloves (I like mine garlic-y), chopped
a tin of chickpeas, drained
a tin of chopped tomatoes
capsicum or peppers
quorn “chicken” style fillets, cubed
2 tbsp of curry paste
coriander, roughly chopped
- Most of the time, I dry fry my onion with just a bit of salt. I was told that this caramelizes the onion. When the onion is a bit cooked, I add olive oil, a pinch or two of chili flakes, and the garlic.
- Add the curry paste. I use Patak’s curry paste. It’s good stuff.
- Add the quorn pieces and cook it for about 3-5 mins or just until it’s brown.
- Mix the chickpeas and cook for about 2 mins.
- Add the capsicum/peppers. I like to add mushrooms, too, but Dan does not like mushrooms. I know, it’s weird.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. If it’s still too dry, add some water.
- Season with salt, pepper and coriander.